May 16, 2012

Spring Cleaning 2012, Part III

I have now concluded the main cleanup effort. Altogether I spent 7 days doing it (on and off).

In addition to treating the leather, I spent some time making the headliner appear a little cleaner. It was probably the most beaten looking part of the interior.



It looked so terrible, in 2011 I took the car to professional interior cleanup. I recall paying about 80 EUR and above is what it got me. It was probably the worst ripoff I've had done on me.

Anyway, I used Autoglym Interior Shampoo again with a clean cloth, rinsing in a bucket of water.



Note, the flash makes it look worse than it does IRL. However it does reveal that there's still work to be done. However, for a first attempt that is pretty good, and a bargain, compared to the pro.

Having cleaned up the interior somewhat it was time to move onto the outside.

For the roof, trunklid and A/C pillars I used just my usual set of Big Orange shampoo and Korrek TFX wax. For all other paint, I added claybaring (Sonax). I used Sonax' window shampoo as a lube. After washing, washing and washing the clay still picked up A LOT of dirt, so it did its job.

It's nice having a shiny car again!


The hood is especially nice! It has a few stone chips but other than that, it looks great, with the new grille and emblem.





No comments:

Post a Comment