Jan 22, 2013

So Begins a New Year

Dear diary, I have now done over 25 000 km with this car.

Between mid-December and now I've been unable to refuel in Russia because the border has been completely clogged with tourists (Russia celebrates Christmas/NewYears/whatever very late compared to us Euros).

On the other hand, I had my busiest period of driving in a while. I covered about 2000km during one month. Car has been behaving pretty well.

The distance until tank empty reading of the reiserechner threw a fit where it wouldn't display the "reserve" portion of whatever fuel there was left. So it would go down to single digits before the fuel light even came on. However, I grew a pair and kept driving until it said 0km. At that point it corrected itself and read over 60km again. Related to fuel reading, the actual fuel gauge has been reading null when it's really cold outside. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of driving until it suddenly wakes up and reads correctly.

Left the car alone at the airport parking lot for 4 days, came back to find it ok. Started right up without pre-heating at -7C which is more surprising than you'd think.

Today went to Russia with pretty much nothing except fumes in the tank, came back with 96,3 litres of 95 octane @ 0.92 e/l. Consumption on the last three tanks: 15 - 13.7 - 12.7 l/100km.

Trunk lock still hasn't acted up, I'm now convinced that it not retracting is the cause of my central locking woes in 2011-12.

Left all alone in the cold. Parking lot of the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment