Oct 6, 2010

First Photoshoot

The car is home safe and sound. Time for an initial photoshoot in order to document the baseline on which I will be building in the coming years.
Big Coupes of two generations having a staring contest. I'm getting mixed opinions from my peers on which is better looking. Personally, I think the SEC is more handsome, while the E-Class is prettier.

Not stock in this picture: corner lights all round, side indicators, AMG Aero I wheels in 8x17" ET28 (124-spec), stickers in windows.


Exhaust tips have a shiny metal add-on attached.

The "560 SEC" badge is supposed to be closer to the below strip of brightwork. This tells me it has been taken off at some point and then replaced.


Problems in the interior: leather tired in driver seat and armrest, outside temp display chipped in one corner, gearlever aftermarket, AMG sticker on center console, two switches missing their symbols, some switches dark.  Note the interesting looking doorpanels that were introduced with the facelifted interior of 1989.

Rear passenger compartment is mint.

Rare feature, "reiserechner" trip computer was included in this car in 1989. Kilometers when I got the car: approx. 288 000 km.

Inside the engine bay: Webasto heating unit missing, ignition voltage caution sticker missing, aftermarket alarm installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment