Oct 7, 2010

So It Begins... With Wheels

Getting rid of the AMG Aero I wheels that came with the car is high on the priority list. There are rubbish 225 section Dunlops on the wheels which make the car extremely nervous and loud to drive. Today I ordered new (old) wheels off eBay which I feel fit the car's personality quite well.

They are BBS RS 008 7x16" ET24 all round, designed specifically for the W126 in the 1980s, and will be arriving from Germany. They just arrived to the seller from restoration so are mint condition.


I am undecided on whether to go back to stock as regards the clear corners. They look more modern than ambers, but I think the W126 will not ever be modern, no matter the color of corner lights. I think the front looks considerably better with clear corners than the rear; in fact I think the rear with clear corners looks garish.

No comments:

Post a Comment